Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Best Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I've roasted a lot of sweet potatoes in my time.  They're always good.  Some are even really good.  But I think these here are the best I've made.  And they're super simple.  The secret is walnut oil instead of olive.  Olive oil roasted sweet potatoes are good.  But walnut oil roasted sweet potatoes are fantastic.

2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
Walnut oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl with plenty of room for mixing.  Drizzle with walnut oil - enough to coat nicely but not enough to be too drippy.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix until well coated.

Pour the sweet potatoes into a baking dish or two; you want to get them more or less in a single layer.  You don't have to be precise about it, but don't pile them up too much.  Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring well once or twice, until nicely tender.  Serve hot.

Serves 4-6.

No comments: