Friday, March 19, 2010

Pesto Potatoes

I wouldn't have thought this possible, but I might have actually frozen more pesto than I really needed. We still have a ton of it--several different kinds--in the freezer, and it will only be another three months or so before basil is available fresh. I think I'm up to the challenge of using it, though! I made this tonight with standard basil pesto, but it would be good with other kinds, too.

2 1/2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled and cubed
3/4 cup pesto

Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water for 15-20 minutes or under tender. Drain, then return to the pot and gently toss with the pesto until well coated. Serve hot or room temperature.

Serves 4-6.

Variation: Mash the potatoes and pesto together, adding olive oil and/or milk as needed.

No comments: