Thursday, June 11, 2009

CSAs and Mystery Veggies

A few years ago, when we lived in California, we got a CSA share. (Haven't done it here, since we grow so much of our own and love the Saturday ritual of the farmers market.) That weekly box introduced me to all kinds of vegetables I had never heard of, not to mention opening my eyes on several familiar ones to what a really good version could be like. I definitely had to do some culinary exploration and experimentation, both to figure out what to do with the unknown items and to find something interesting to do week after week while the familiar ones were in season. So, folks out there with CSAs, let me know if you're getting stuff in your box that you're not sure what you do with, or that you've run out of ideas for, and I'll see what I can come up with.

No comments: