Thursday, November 18, 2010

Late Fall CSA Box #2

Another box, another bounteous load of local produce.

Lettuce
Kale
Beets
Potatoes
Butternut squash
Pie pumpkin
Leeks
Celery
Carrots
Cilantro
Daikon
Garlic
Turnips

More of this week's items are things that will keep for a while, which is nice, though in the end I did manage to use just about everything from the last box before this one came. The pumpkin is already earmarked for pumpkin pie (I was hoping we would get one!), and perhaps the squash as well (I need to make two pumpkin pies for the big crowd we're hosting this year). I have to admit that neither beets nor turnips are on my list of preferred vegetables, but I'll either figure out something good to do with them or foist them off on our neighbors. That's the risk you take with a CSA share, but everything else is so wonderful that I don't mind.

No comments: